Welcome

Hello.

Let's have fun together. I'll create things and you observe me.

This is a blog detailing all the projects I work on. It's a record of where things are at and a pin board of small random bits and pieces of creation.

I share anything useful I've come across during development, so if you're trying to solve a similar problem checking the labels on the right may be of assistance.

Feel free to leave a comment. Also, please take note that 90% of these blogs are compiled at 3 in the morning. The true hour of the day.

Enjoy your stay.

-Ryan

Saturday 5 July 2008

Bits and Pieces 2

More relatively unremarkable tasks undertaken for Synergy today. Most of it is restructuring of code, generalising demo code into specific classes. This results in a fleshing out of the mesh/model class family, including the 2 new classes SynStaticModel and SynDynamicModel.

I've also added some code in SynMesh in preparation for implementing dynamic light map functionality in meshes' rendering and an animation skeleton data member for loading in animation information from 3DS files.

I also created the almighty SynEntity class, of which many other classes are derived. It's just a position and orientation in space with some wrapper functions for doing rotations easily, but that's something that's used over and over and it has tidied up the code considerably.

I also generalised texture loading functionality into 2 functions in the GfxCore class. This has made setting up textures a breeze.

That's about it, I suppose. I'm eager to begin implementing light maps as soon as possible. Hopefully tomorrow night.

No comments: