Welcome

Hello.

Let's have fun together. I'll create things and you observe me.

This is a blog detailing all the projects I work on. It's a record of where things are at and a pin board of small random bits and pieces of creation.

I share anything useful I've come across during development, so if you're trying to solve a similar problem checking the labels on the right may be of assistance.

Feel free to leave a comment. Also, please take note that 90% of these blogs are compiled at 3 in the morning. The true hour of the day.

Enjoy your stay.

-Ryan

Thursday 4 September 2008

Well, I've been largely preoccupied with the struggle between procrastination and obligation that is typical of my student career. For the most part, the only things productive I have been working on have been my Systems Programming assignment, which essentially involves developing a shell for UNIX.

Outside of that (and largely useless activities such as online gaming), I have tried to find time and motivation to work on some kind of creative activities. I'm trying to avoid diving into my large projects (such as Synergy) for a few reasons:

- it is mentally draining and involving to work on them, and I need to maintain my mental stamina for academic pursuits.
- I'm learning a lot of very pertinent programming methods in my study this semester. Methods which can apply directly to improving the operation of Synergy. As such, I want to wait until I have grasped this knowledge more fully before I apply it to my personal projects.

So my focus has been towards finding creative activities which can still contribute to the development of my overall skill set and ultimately the development of my portfolio of work, but are light-weight activities that I can pick up, work on for a set amount of time and then put down and return to my study.

Ultimately, this has lead me doing a lot more artistic activities, such as drawing. Nick introduced me to a very useful site called `Posemaniacs'. Head over there if you want to see what it's about. You don't want to? Fine, I'll explain: it is a collection of browser-embedded tools for human figure sketching and study. My link leads to the 30-second drawing section, which as you might suspect, involves the presentation of figures in poses for only 30 seconds at a time before changing, promoting rapid sketching and utmost line economy.

I've only attempted a couple of sessions, undertaking a more reasonable [for me] configuration of 60 seconds. Here's how they've turned out:

And a slightly less deplorable collection:


I also partook in a competition over at GeekFanGirl, where entrants had to either draw a scene or character from an active role play, or write short story about it/them. Turns out, I was the only one to do an art entry. I drew one of the main NPCs from my own RP I GM, the wild druid, Taech:


There was a deadline for entries, and mine made it with 40 seconds to spare. To put it another way, this entry was largely rushed. This was a positive thing, in my mind, because I learned a lot about being economical with my work flow. I'm irritated with a lot of things in the piece though, such as the messed up lines and artifacts around the silhouette, the skull structure being a complete deviation from what I wanted, and the completely schizophrenic rendering styles across the image.

Still, I'm pretty proud of the results, either way. I refuse to alter it, leaving it as a record of what I could accomplish in the time I had for working on it.

So that's about it. I'm hoping to make the 60 second sketches a regular, if not daily activity. If I can manage that, then I believe I am well on my way to becoming a competent artist.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

★★★FEATURES★★★

1. Anti Virus
"Always on" antivirus and an on-demand scanner help keep your device clear of viruses and unsafe apps. One touch scans and scheduled scans are provided as well as a system “SCAN” feature that quickly identifies viruses, unsafe apps and potentially risky settings.
✔Real Time Protection - Mobile Security Scan installed apps and local APK files in real time and also monitor each installation process.
✔Cloud Scan - Over-the-air protection from viruses.
✔SD Card Scan - Scan external SD cards thoroughly to detect and delete threats.
✔Schedule Scan - Automatic scans at regular intervals

2. Find My Phone – Anti Theft
Where is my Phone? – Don’t worry about your phone even if it’s lost or stolen. You can control your devices remotely from any place, any time. Manage all your device with your own acount.
★All Device In One Acount - You can manage all your devices in one acount.
★Web Interface - Access your devices any time to make sure your personal data are secure
★G+ Sign In- You can register with G+ acount.
★Mobile Map- Track your all your devices on Mobile Map
★Activity Log- Monitor device activity it is allowing you to when your device last online
★Uninstall Protection -Activating “Device Administrator” – unable to uninstall who don’t know Anti Theft acount password.
★Remote Command - You can log-in Anti Theft system and control your device remotely
•Remote Locate – Track your device on map
•Remote Lock – Lock your device, post a custom message
•Remote Alarm – Your device sound an alarm at the highest volume even if it is Silent mode
•Remote Wipe – Erase your personal data from your device To keep your private data safe
•Remote Take a Picture – Let you know who get your device
★Find Device Owner - An easy way to find device owner. You can customize lock screen message. Such as: “Please contact with me: own email adress”
★Guest Mode- Easy way to Track Your Device. You can login with any smartphone or tablet via Guest Login.

3. App Lock
How to Lock Lock photos, gallery and messages? It is helping protect from prying eyes and nosy friends. Prevent your children from buying unwanted apps/games with applock.
►Easy Lock & Unlock - Create a unuque Pattern to Lock & Unlock apps.
►Manage App List - You can set application list from A-Z or Locked Apps at the top of list.
►Reset Pattern- Once you touch Forget Password? You will receive Security Code for Reset your password.
►Switch On/Off- Quick switch button on status bar allow you to Manage your privacy when you need it.
►Search App-Find your application as much as faster with search button

4. Backup
Backup and restore tool help you to your contacts and sms. You will never lose your data again!
✔Storage Dashboard- Monitor device storage.
✔Offline Backup - No required any of connection. Contacts and sms will be save internally.
✔BACK UP All- One Click to backup all personal information easly.
✔Self Service- You can select your contacts and sms one by one or all of them.

JamesCarter said...

a very nice article for all of us. thank you for guiding me to and get the best shoes.

Priyanka Chopra said...

After years of working between or across organizations to bridge the divide that limits success, Charlotte Allen now teaches those proven strategies to individuals and organizations around the world. Using each individual’s uniqueness and connecting that with the organizational purpose, Charlotte helps teams work the diversity that makes us stronger, realize the benefits of people vs process, and break the paradigm to successful change. Success for Leaders